Specialisations and Interests:
Gwen is a specialist mining lawyer. She has experience in the following:
• Providing multi-disciplinary legal and related services to mining companies, primarily focusing on the Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Act, the Mining Charter, the National Environmental Management Act, the Mining Titles Registration Act and other mining related legislation.
• Creating sound legal compliance frameworks for mining companies.
• Advising, drafting and reviewing of Social and Labour Plans.
• Advising and drafting of Appeals in terms of Section 96 of the MPRDA.
•Advising on the cession of mining and prospecting rights and disposals of shares in terms of Section 11 of the MPRDA.
• Attending to the preparation, lodgement and submission of Mining and Prospecting Right Applications and various other applications in terms of the MPRDA
• Conducting consultations with local and national stakeholders, more specifically the Department of Mineral Resources (DMR) in relation to community engagement processes and public participation.
• Attending to compliance audits and due diligence reports.
• Providing legal and compliance awareness training to mining companies to attain compliance and manage risk.