Feeling uncertain about your rights and obligations when divorcing?
Having family related problems?
The Family law team at Shepstone & Wylie Attorneys have specialised knowledge in all matrimonial and family law related matters, including:
- Ante-nuptial and post-nuptial contracts
- Contested / uncontested divorce and division of assets
- Divorce mediation and collaborative divorce
- Maintenance advice and applications
- Damages claims, particularly those relating to adultery
- Children’s rights
- Custody/care and access/contact matters
- International Child Abduction
- Parental rights and responsibilities
- Parental rights and responsibilities agreements
- Drafting of Parental Plans
- Section 21 applications and father’s rights
- Surrogacy applications and Adoption Law
- Reproductive Law
- Abduction of children and Hague Convention matters
- Civil Unions
- Universal Partnerships
- Domestic Partnerships
- Interdicts including those relating to the Domestic Violence Act
Estelle de Wet specialises in divorce and all aspects of Child & Family Law. She also advises clients on matters relating to the civil aspects of the International Child Abduction Act. She has dealt with several high profile and litigious matters and is well known in the legal fraternity for her experience in this field.
Candice Eve-Friis also deals with all aspects of Child & family Law. She has also been trained as a mediator and is a member of SAAM, the South African Association of Accredited Mediators. Mediation is an alternative dispute resolution that has become mandatory in family-related matters in the KwaZulu-Natal division of the High Court of the Republic of South Africa.