The work of this department is focused on municipal and provincial government and administrative law.
The department’s lawyers represent numerous local authorities, government departments and administrative bodies, as well as other clients who have issues of dispute with similar entities, while taking care to avoid conflicts of interest in terms of our regular client base.
We deal with:
- Arbitration and mediation
- Interpretation and enforcement of bylaws and related legislation
- Town planning schemes and town planning legislation
- Expropriation claims and disputes
- General advice
- Interpretation and draft of various statutes, ordinances, bylaws and regulations
- Judicial review of various administrative decisions
- Representation on constitutional aspects of any matter relating to government or administrative law
- The recovery of property rates for municipalities
- Valuation and administrative appeals