This department concentrates on civil litigation with an emphasis on commercial disputes such as contractual and delictual claims, construction and engineering disputes, insurance and all forms of financial recoveries, business rescue and matrimonial and family matters.
The litigation team covers a broad range of legal disputes and represents both corporate and individual clients. Our lawyers appear regularly in both the high and magistrates court and before tribunals.
We deal with:
- Arbitration, mediation and alternative dispute resolution
- Banking Law – insolvency, liquidations and business rescue
- Building, construction and engineering disputes
- Commercial, contractual and company disputes
- Copyright and trademark litigation
- Defamation and media law
- Financial recoveries, repossessions and foreclosures
- Immigration and residency permits
- Insurance law
- Land claims, property and will disputes
- Matrimonial, custody and family matters
The Litigation department extends to Richards Bay, where Brian Morkel and Allan Heydorn are based, to Cape Town, where Anneke Whelan is based, to Johannesburg, where Tayob Kamdar and Johan Esterhuizen are based and to Pietermaritzburg where Josette Manuel is based.