The Mining Regulatory team from Shepstone & Wylie Attorneys have extensive experience in respect of all aspects associated with regulatory compliance and are also able to facilitate positive engagements with the regulators.
Our Services include inter alia:
- Drafting, submission and finalisation of application for Mining Rights, Production Rights, etc, within a short period from the date of lodgement;
- Drafting, submission and finalisation of sections 11 and 102 applications within 6 months from the date of lodgement;
- Draft and ensure approval of Social and Labour Plans, Mining Charter and Social and Labour Plan Reports.
- Conducting Due Diligences.
- Provide advice to and support the management team and business units in various mining related transactions.
- The Notarial execution of rights and registration of right at Mining Titles Registration Office.
- Provide training to mining companies in respect of:
- drafting and implementation of Social and Labour Plans & the Mining Charter.
- consultations with interested and affected parties as provided in amended MPRD Regulations, 2020.
- provide training in respect of the relevant regulatory matters pertaining to compliance with the MPRDA, NEMA.
COMPLIANCE WITH REGULATORY MATTERS
- Assist mining companies in respect of the following:
- Section 93 Notices issued to a mining company.
- Regulatory Compliance with regards to the MPRDA, the SLP and Mining Charter and NEMA EIA Regulations.
- Processing section 52 Notices.
- Processing applications for the transfer of the environmental liabilities and responsibilities in terms of section 43.
- Response to MPRDA and NEMA appeals on behalf of mining companies
OUR FEES ARE REASONABLE AND NEGOTIABLE.
Environmental Law, Labour / Employment Law and Mine Health & Safety
Our Mining, Minerals & Energy department is supported by a team of specialists in environmental law, labour law and mine health & safety issues.